Thursday, January 29, 2009

Come Climb the Mayan Pyramid


c/s dLush
We had a CRU event the other day. CRU being Culturas de las Razas Unidas. To let you in on some history, CRU hasn't, as of late and recent time, been fun to members, lack of interest was a familiar criticism, as well as this form of hierarchy e-board tried to demonstrate. Well, I am definitely not one for hierarchy, and I believe that once the e-board had their retreat, WE created this bond that, honestly, I felt was tabboo, and non-existent. Thankfully I was incorrect.It was a family feud-esk game that challenged members on their indigenous knowledge. Like always, people got a bit headstrong, but a majority of the meeting had great vibes and chemistry. It had a grand flow to it. There were new members, old members, required members aahah. There was this real cute guy I met, whose name I shall not disclose, for obvious purposes. Also, I met a lot of great students in general. The planning and organization came easier to us, leaving the smaller tasks to interestingly enough, become a bit more difficult. All was well, for we, I feel, had a successful CRU event, one of many I hope and foresee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment